I am very excited to start this blog, so I can chronicle my thoughts, hopes, dreams, and prayers for my daughter. I am starting slowly and in the present. I want to go back and post some journal entries I wrote while pregnant, about giving birth, and while my daughter was still in the hospital, but emotionally I am not ready to go through all of it again. I was barely ready to go through it the first time! :) But God and a very supportive family got me through it and continues to help me daily...
Last night 2/24/09 Maryjayne rolled over (purposefully) for the first time! Her Grandma and PopPop both were in the room with me and saw. She and I had just returned from a cooking class about canning and I had laced her on her snuggly pink and green frog blanket her Great Aunt Joyce had made her so I could get my Dad (PopPop) some sweet treats. Lent starts today and we were going to pig out last night! I set up her simple (black and white) picture books around her and I guess she really liked the bunny pictures because she rolled over to see it better rather then just switching head positions! Yeah MJ!!!
Also we got our first letter from her Daddy yesterday (he was recently incarcerated for something he did a long long time ago). He is in ASPC- Douglas. I will go more into this later when my spirit is up to it! I will say she has a Daddy who loved her very very much and did something wrong a long time ago. He turned himself in when we found out the state had reopened the charges, because we both believe that we need to be the best example we can for our daughter and it might have been easier on all of us for him to have evaded, but it would not set the moral example we want to set. It is a cross the entire family is bearing including my parents... We pray every night for other families in our situation and hope they too can find strength in the Lord.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Melanie! How fun that you have a blog, too! I can't wait to see more pics of MJ. I checked your blog last night after you left comments on my blog, but you hadn't posted anything yet. I'm glad to see you're on board. How fun to keep up with your life like this!
ReplyDeleteYeah! Here you are!
ReplyDeleteOh, GOOD! I'm excited to see more of your beautiful baby than 1 pic on Monica's blog. . . I've been waiting to see this little cousin. Aren't babies PERFECT and it is completely amazing at how they capture our hearts.
ReplyDeleteThanks for doing this blog, Melanie! It has AMAZED me how much closer I feel to my family and friends who let me peek into their world a little bit! Can't wait to hear of more exciting milestones for your sweetheart! ;}
ReplyDeleteSOO fun to see you guys last weekend and meet your sweet baby. Welcome to the blogging world!
ReplyDelete