Friday, February 27, 2009

40 days for life

This year as part of my Lenten promises I have been volunteering with the program 40 days for Life. Today was our (Maryjayne, my Dad, and my) first vigil assignment. Everyday we have been praying at home for the end to abortion, but today was our first public proclamation. The planned parenthood we are praying in front of (just praying not shouting, blocking, protesting, etc.) is not open on Fridays, so it was eerily quiet looking at it from the sidewalk. Dad and I prayed the rosary and various other prayers and lit candles for the intention of the babies, women, and families who are harmed, affected, or killed by abortion. It was surreal, us 3 standing alone in front of the clinic praying while rush hour traffic hurried by. The entire time I squeezed and kissed my daughter as I thought about how many "doctors" told me because of my seizures and the medication I had to take for having MRSA that I should have an abortion. That was never an option for me, but to other women I can see how easily the medical community can manipulate you into thinking that it is what is "best"...

Today we got a letter from Maryjayne's Daddy and he is doing well and misses us as much as we miss him. I pray that God watches over him and keeps him strong and protected. I also pray that Maryjayne has few memories of this time without her Daddy.

Well I am off to bed as we have a big "project" tomorrow; turning 40lbs of apples into canned applesauce. Organic apples were on sale at Sprouts for $.49 a lb, so I bought a case and got a bulk discount on top of that already dirt cheap price...
So wish my Mom, MJ and I luck as we find out that "Rain really does NOT make applesauce" :) The Bee women do! (I think of us as the Bee's since my daughters last name begins with a B like my mom and mine does)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck to you with all those apples! Sounds like quite a project, especially with a 3-4 month around! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, how much applesauce did you make?! That sounds like a great deal on good apples.

    ReplyDelete