Monday, March 16, 2009

getting back into the swing of things

The convention is over and I am back to being a "full time" mommy again. Working this week made me even more grateful for the blessing of my living situation. See for those of you who do not know or really understand my mother is not in the best of health and needs lots of help doing things, also my Dad was not able to work part time and do everything that was needed around here (he has bad knees, back etc.). So when I found out I was pregnant I moved back home. At first I truly thought I would be returning to work after 8 weeks. I mean how else would I live? But I have been doing the "buy used save the difference" program, cloth diapering, couponing etc. With all the money saving programs I am a part of I have been finacially able to swing staying home. This also works out better for my folks because I have saved them by not having to hire a house cleaner, yard person, and I have gotten thier groceries down to about half what they were spoending before I lived here but they are getting DOUBLE the groceries. Also I get to spend all day everyday with my beautiful baby girl. Bless all you Moms that do have to work, you must have strong souls because just being gone fro 3 days crushed me. I only got to see my daughter about an hour a day and it was HARD!
I know after a year I am going to have to do something so I am considering finishing school and maybe doing a work from home venture like AVON. I am also taking the cake decorating classes, hoping that will eventually afford me a little side income! Anyway we are off to the doctors today and I am going to buy my Pressure Cooker! I am glad to be home!

ARIZONA MOMMY'S:
In this economy I know EVERYONE is looking for ways to feed thier families cheaply. I belong to coupon sense which is great, but I am moving away from processed food (which is what coupons are usely for). If you are like me looking for HEALTHY food that doesnt kill your pocketbook check out bountiful baskets . For a minimal amount of money ($15) and a short drive to a pick up site, you get aproxiamtely $60 worth of arizona grown produce, they even have an organic option. This is a perfect way to subsidies your garden or make up for a lack of one! This co op even offers holiday specials and sometimes even fresh ground beef , bison, hog. Check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Trent was excited to see you at the convention! I'm glad it all worked out and I'm sure you are happy to be back with your little one. You are so resourceful. I'm impressed with all the ways you save money..you inspire me!

    ReplyDelete